Frequently Asked Questions
- What food/drinks should my child bring to a full day in-studio theater camp? Your child will need to bring 2 snacks, a lunch, and plenty of water to drink. Please avoid sending a lot of sugar! There is a microwave and a refrigerator available.
- What food/drinks should my child bring to a half-day in-studio theater camp? Your child will need to bring one snack and plenty of water to drink.
- What other items should my child bring? Every child in all camps will need to bring a picture of themselves so that they can decorate a headshot! This can be a school photo or a 4″ x 6″ snapshot. Students will also need to bring a folder to keep their scripts and song sheets in.
- What should my child wear to camp? Students should wear modest, comfortable clothing that they can move around in. Girls should avoid skirts unless they are wearing shorts underneath. We also ask that students do not wear flip-flops.
- Can I get my deposit back if we drop a camp? Camp deposits are non-refundable. However, we are happy to move the deposit to a different camp.
- When is tuition due? Half of the tuition amount is due when you register. This will ensure your child’s spot in the camp. The remaining half of tuition is due on the first day of your child’s camp.
- When and where will the camp performance be? This year, due to COVID-19, we will not be having live camp performances. However, the students will perform what they have learned during the week and the teacher will videotape it on Friday. You will then be sent a link to Dropbox where you can download your child’s video.
- Do I have to pay to watch the performance on Friday? No! These shows are free to everyone. All you will need is the link which will be emailed to you.
- How can I get in touch with my child’s teacher if there is an emergency during camp? Your child’s teacher will give you their phone number on the first day of camp so that you can reach them during the day if there is an emergency.
- Do I need to sign-in/sign-out my child? You will need to sign your child in on the first day of camp. On the other days of camp, you will not need to check them in but please make sure that your child gets in the building. Your child’s teacher will bring the class outside at the end of camp. You will need to come up to the door so the teacher can see you and make sure that everyone is with their parent. This is for safety reasons. If someone other than you will be dropping off or picking up your child, you will need to let your child’s teacher know ahead of time.
- What are you doing about COVID-19? Each morning when the students arrive, the teacher will make sure that everyone uses hand-sanitizer. Wiping down of frequently used services will be done throughout the day. We are not requiring students to wear masks while in the studio as this makes it very difficult to work on all of the different aspects of theater however, we will do our best to keep the students distanced and able to spread out and create in their own spaces. If you would prefer that your child does wear a mask, they are certainly more than welcome to do so.
If you have other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us! We can’t wait to have your child in camp with us!