Arts Avenue’s Covid-19 Response
Arts Avenue’s mission statement is to teach excellence in the arts without compromising values and we are still striving to accomplish this mission even in these unprecedented times. We are so thankful that our Arts Avenue families have stuck with us during these turbulent times and that we have been able to remain operating during Covid-19 with online classes and smaller summer camps. Although some of our class structures and sizes will look different this year, we are continuing to strive to offer classes and performance opportunities for our students both online and in-studio. It is so important for us to provide these for our students to not only give our families a choice that is appropriate for their comfort level, but to continue to love and support our students in their journey through life and in the arts. We love our students so much and look forward to being together again acting and dancing!
Listed below, you will find our new studio guidelines which we have had to put in place. As mandates and guidelines are constantly changing, our guidelines may need to change as well, however, this is what we currently have in place.
- In compliance with the city of Georgetown mandate, everyone who enters the Arts Avenue studio aged 10 and older will be required to wear a mask. Masks will be worn while in the lobby and classrooms with the following exceptions: Teachers and students can take their masks off in the classrooms while actively dancing and acting as long as students are able to maintain 6 feet of distance between them.
- Until the number of Covid-19 cases start to decrease in our area, only students and teachers will be allowed inside the building as we need to keep the number of people inside the building to a minimum.
- Class sizes will be smaller this year to ensure our students have plenty of space between them. If a class you wanted to register for is full, please put your child’s name on the waiting list. If we have enough students on a waiting list, we will open a new session for that class.
- Before class, students will need to wait OUTSIDE under the back awning. When it is time for class, your child’s teacher will come outside and will take all the students in at the same time. If your child is not yet 12, please wait with your child until the teacher comes out to ensure their safety. When class is over, your child’s teacher will bring the class outside where you can pick them up. We will not let the students run out into the parking lot for safety reasons so you will need to come up to the awning area to get your child.
- Each student will be asked to use hand-sanitizer, which we will provide, as they walk into the building. They will also be given hand-sanitizer when they leave.
- All dance barres, door handles, sinks, and other frequently touched surfaces will be wiped down with disinfectant between each class.
- Please have your student use the restroom at home before they come to class to help us keep the number of people using the restrooms to a minimum.
- If your child has any kind of fever, runny nose, cough, sore throat, body aches, etc. please keep them home. If a student comes into the studio with any of these symptoms, a parent will be notified and will be asked to come pick up their child. We realize that a lot of these symptoms also appear with simple colds, allergies, etc., but due to Covid-19, Arts Avenue will be more strict on allowing students into the building if they have any of the above symptoms.
Our private music lessons are offered on Thursdays in 30-minute segments. To see the remaining available slots, please call our office at 512-688-5207.
Our tuition rates are shown below. Tuition for all dance, theater, and music classes is calculated by the hourly tuition rate. Simply total the combined hours in class to find your student’s rate. Private lessons tuition will be on top of this combined hourly rate.
** Private lessons are available for $105 per month. **
There is a non-refundable $45 registration fee due with registration. This fee is one per family. Tuition is due on the 10th of each month. A $15 late fee will be charged for tuition received after that date. We do offer a $10/month sibling discount (excluding private lessons)!
For additional important tuition information please refer to our handbook.